Thursday, December 17, 2015

Dean's Sweets - My favorite Maine-based nut-free chocolatier

I think it is only fitting to chat about my favorite Maine-based chocolatier during the holiday season. And, for the fact that I always bring chocolates with me on each photography outing. My justification is that if I get stuck in the woods or out on the pond, I need sustenance, and what better energy food is there than chocolate?

 Dean's Sweets is my only go-to shop in Maine for nut-free chocolates. I was so psyched to find them. They are located at 475 Fore St., Portland, ME. They are open 7 days per week which is very important when chocolate is a necessity to a healthy and happy life;-)

I love truffles, and Dean's makes great hand-dipped ones. I've made my list and checked it twice, so we'll see if I've been naughty or nice;-) Here are what I think are the top 9 flavors, in order of awesomeness:

Espresso Buttercream, Coffee, Maine Sea Salt Caramel, Lemon Apricot Chevre, Blueberry, Peppermint, Raspberry, Ginger, and Double Dark.

Mind you, there are many more flavors, but these are my personal favorites! Our neighbors surprised me with an 8 piece assortment on my birthday, and I went gaga over them!

No comments: