Friday, April 13, 2018

Thin ice on Caesar Pond

Looking north from our deeded access.
I am getting so excited! The ice is thinning at a rapid rate, and I think the ice will be out by the time I return from my trip to Florida;-)
Looking south from our deeded access.
The open water edge of the shoreline is increasing.
North end of Caesar Pond (complete with 5 Canada geese!)
My neighbor told me that the north end of the pond was clear, so we headed down the road to the public access to check it out!
Trash next to shore of public access (and some trash in water)
While down at the public access, we saw that someone seemed to have emptied their truck bed of trash next to the shore. We promptly headed home to don gloves and get a huge trash bag. We then proceeded to clean up the boat launch and both sides of the road for about 0.3 mile. 
Our hauling route!
That trash bag was so big and full that we had to switch off hauling it down the road. I think we get the "Good Doobie" award for the day;-) Now all the trash that was covered by snow all winter long is cleaned up, and we are hoping that people will think twice about dumping trash (although I doubt it.) I wish that the Dept. of Fish and Game would put up a sign asking people to haul out what they bring in...

No comments: