Monday, July 13, 2015

Books in Boothbay & Pat Lammers' book, "The Praying Mantis"

Neighbor Carla and I went to the Books in Boothbay: Maine's Summer Book Fair to peruse books written by Maine authors. We attended the morning session that specialized in children's books. We were there for an entire hour, chatting with the authors/illustrators, and buying book, after book, after book! Each book was autographed, and some had nice notes written to the receiver. I bought books for several of my friends' kids and had a blast!
One of the major reasons for attending the Book Fair was to support our friend, Pat Lammers, who had previously been interviewed on Channel 6's "207" show, about her first book titled, "The Praying Mantis." The book was illustrated by the extremely talented Ben Bishop, and is a fun (and factual) look at the life of the Praying Mantis. It would be great for the elementary school classroom to add a bit of sciencey fun. I bought the book, did you? Subliminal message: Buy the book, buy the book, buy the book... you'll love it! I know I do;-)