Thursday, November 9, 2017

Project Learning Tree workshop held at Bates College

I am super psyched! I spent last Saturday, with my Maine Project Learning Tree associates, at a workshop to introduce the new PLT E-Units now available for purchase. These online versions comprise parts of the popular PLT books that focus on forests for STEM and experiential learning. They are fabulous!
I got to pull out all the stops and reprise my summer workshop activity using tree cookies as learning tools. An added bonus was a Bates student (future experiential science teacher extraordinaire) who assisted us with dendrology. He was incredibly knowledgeable about what a tree cookie could tell us about the health and history of a tree's growth.
I also had participants create their own model of the inside of a tree using some simple materials. Fun, fun, fun...

No comments: