Monday, December 25, 2017

Birds in a Blizzard

Slate-colored Junco flies in to feed
We had blizzard conditions today. Birds were flocking to the bird feeder, and I tried to snap some interesting photos from up on the deck. I had one heck of a time getting a focus lock on my bird subjects as there was so much snow falling between me and the bird feeder.
Slate-colored Junco and Goldfinch
Unfortunately, none of the photos came out clear, but you can at least get an idea of the species that are most common for us this time of year.
Male Goldfinch and Chickadee
Chickadees and goldfinches are probably our most prolific birds during the winter, although the juncos are here in large numbers as well.
Male Cardinal
We are so pleased to have cardinals as regular bird feeder visitors. They are rather shy, however, and I had to have Drew photograph them through the window of the kitchen. There were two cardinals for our viewing pleasure today!

No comments: