Monday, December 10, 2018

Crescent Moon

The crescent moon was so pretty tonight. I went over to Caesar Pond at 6:30pm to attempt to photograph it. I used the P1000, in "Moon Mode" for the first time. "Moon mode" has a built-in 3 second timer that drove me absolutely nuts. I would think that I had a focus lock, then would have to wait for three long seconds! And, it was windy, so the camera had some shake to it. When using the full zoom, I must sandbag the tripod legs.

I had trouble keeping the moon in the frame as I moved the tripod head where I wanted it to be. I was wishing there was a remote control to move the tripod head in tiny increments, because with the camera zoomed in to 432 mm even the tiniest of movements sent the moon careening out of frame. I did use the remote shutter release. AND, my fingers froze!

Here is the Metadata of the "Moon Mode" photo (as per the P1000): f/7.1, 1/50, ISO 800, Focal Length 432 mm, Exposure Mode: Auto, Standard output sensitivity (SOS), Metering Mode: Matrix, White Balance: Auto, Gain Control: 1, Resolution 300 ppi, Bit Depth 8. 

1 comment:

Adriane said...

Stunning!!