Saturday, February 15, 2020

Frozen Soap Bubble morning

Well, it was a frozen soap bubble morning with the temperature dropping down to -10F. I photographed soap bubbles from a temp. of -6F to +13F. I started off using regular bubble wand soap and it created very fragile bubbles. Then, I added some molasses ( I didn't have any corn syrup), and it wasn't much better. Next time, I'll make the proper recipe of 1/4 C. Dawn detergent, 3/4 C. water, 2 TBSP corn syrup or glycerine.
I did auto focus and then switched to manual focus, but I just couldn't get enough depth of field. I also need to use a smaller straw as my silicone straw is too wide. I finally had to use the bubble wand to blow single bubbles. The crystals take longer to form as the air warms up. I used the smooth sided cup of a lens cap to pour the bubble liquid into and to blow the bubbles onto.

No comments: