Sunday, April 16, 2017

Bald Eagle on Caesar Pond

I spent a few hours pond prowling this morning because today is Ice-Out Day (and you thought it was just Easter, didn't you?) Yahoooo!
This bald eagle followed me from the south end of the pond to the north end, where he perched regally on a tall pine tree. He seemed to be a bit hot and was panting. The outdoor temp. was probably around 70F at this time. 

Note: I had a 70-200 mm lens with a 1.4 teleconverter on it. I was quietly sitting in my boat near the tamarack islands, and the bird came to perch high up on a white pine tree across the boggy area. It is interesting to me that since meeting so many members of Audubon a few years ago, that I now feel the need to justify that I did not disturb this bird, nor did I follow it around the pond. I see most birds when I sit for prolonged periods of time in one place and let nature unfold around me. I learned a lot from those respected birders.

No comments: