Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Winter Mittens and Thinsulate to keep warm

I am having a tough time finding the right mitten to keep my mitts warm on super cold winter days. I found this interesting article on Thinsulate levels from Superiorglove.com. Ooohh... they also featured a blog post titled, "How to Stay Warm Like a Canadian: The Definitive Guide to Winter Gloves."
Drew has Outdoor Research Alti Mitt mittens for arctic conditions, but those are too much for me to handle. Check out Cool Antarctica.com for these types of mittens. 
Scott USA Women's Ultimate Pro Mitten - medium
So many stores do not tell you the Primaloft/Thinsulate value of the gloves. The more material, the bulkier the mitten. And, winter mittens do cost a pretty penny, but it is worth it if you are outside in frigid conditions. I need to be able to haul around camera equipment (tripod) with ease, and still keep my hands warm. Moosejaw.com has lots of mittens to choose from. I finally chose the Scott USA Women's Ultimate Pro Mitten (medium.) It is all synthetic with a fill of 340g / 220b Fiberfill. Amazon had it for a few dollars less. That should keep me warm!

No comments: