Thursday, May 28, 2020

Vegetable Gardens are all in

The vegetables are all in the ground and in the City Pickers planting boxes. On the deck we have two City Picker boxes. 
The farthest one has leafy greens in it. And, I actually labeled the photo so I would know what I am picking! The parsley might be a bit of overkill with three plants growing...We'll see. It does get so big!
The nearest City Picker box (with the fencing)  has cucumbers, one row of Spacemaster Cukes, and one row of National Pickling Cukes. I forgot which row is which;-) No matter as they both grow very well.
I have potted a small Tiny Treats compact cherry tomato and have it at the end of the walkway (next to the False Indigo). My cherry tomatoes did very well in this location last year.
This year we decided to buy more tomato plants and put them in the ground in the front yard. It just gets too hot on the deck to successfully grow tomatoes. So, we have Celebrity and Early Girl tomatoes and will see how they do. The zucchinis are Burpee's Best Hybrid and Burpee's Fordhook Zucchini. If you look in the background, you will see that the high bush blueberries seem very happy this year. I have no idea what varieties they are, but one is earlier and the others are a bit later.

No comments: