Sunday, May 10, 2020

April and May showers bring early spring flowers

My beautiful Boodroot is in full bloom, and is one of my earliest springtime flowers.
The Showwinner Tulips were the first to bloom, and their blooms are almost gone as the other tulips (I only have a few left that the moles haven't demolished) have flower buds on them. Whether they will still bloom after this cold morning freeze, only time will tell...
Daffodils are happy flowers. Each grouping is a beautiful bouquet.
They bring such joy to my life. I buy yellow giant daffodils to fill my eyes with the color of sunshine on dreary, springtime days in Maine.
Daffodils line the side yard and are in almost all of my flower beds. I have so many varieties. This particular grouping reminds me of women wearing pantaloons!
Enough about daffodils! I also have gorgeous Giant Hyacinths. There are yellow, purple, and pink ones that are in two of my stump gardens. Unfortunately, the moles have destroyed many of them.
And, to round out the earliest of the springtime flowers, is the delicate Spring Larkspur. I have three groupings that survived the initial planting, and they are all near my birding bench behind the feeding station. I love sitting on the bench and gazing down upon these pink beauties!

No comments: