Saturday, February 13, 2021

First Snowshoe on Caesar Pond this season


 Well, we finally got to snowshoe out on Caesar Pond. But first, due to my knee problems, we started in the front yard where I followed in Drew's footprints as he broke a small trail for me to practice on. Since I was successful, we went over to the pond. The reason for the snowshoes was that there was an icy crust on top of the snow, that collapsed underfoot, so snowshoes evened out the walking for me as my knee hyperextends backward very easily.

There was only about 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ice surface, and it was relatively smooth in front of where we have our dock in the summertime. To say that I was ecstatic is an understatement. I was over the moon with excitement to finally have enough knee stability to be out on my shoes. It has been two years since I have been on the ice in wintertime. And, ice soothes my soul.

The sky was partly cloudy and we were hoping for some nice colors and patterns. A plane flew overhead leaving a bright, white contrail in contrast to the wispy clouds. Stunning.

Speaking of contrails and clouds...that contrail seemed to cleave the sky in half!

As the sun set even further, there was a brief moment where the clouds were a vibrant pink color before fading as the light waned. I felt so satisfied and happy.

1 comment:

Neighbor said...

So happy to see you doing well with your knee surgery....you go girl!! I love walking the pond with my dog, Clinton.