Monday, February 8, 2021

My new heated vest and mittens

 

The vest has three temperature settings with a button that lets me click between hot (red), medium (deep blue), warm (white). My mittens also have three temperature settings with a click button on top. The battery in the vest is in a tiny pocket on my left side. The battery in each mitten is in a tiny pocket on the underside of the mitten.

My hands and back have been very cold this winter. We have had so many frigid afternoons that were bitterly cold with windchill in the single digits, that we both finally broke down and bought heated vests. And, we got me some heated mittens as well. I am both stylin' and toasty warm at the same time! And, because my classroom dips down to 64F on school days, I have even been wearing my vest as I teach. Ha! I am the envy of my team teachers as they shiver and wear their layers to stay warm. I wear a sweatshirt over the vest, and then my jacket over all when I go outside.

Vest information: My vest is a Iurek brand, Men's ZD936 vest with heated pockets, heated back and heated collar. I got the regular cut because I am rather short and chunky of stature. The vest fits snuggly. If you are slim, go for the women's cut, but measure carefully. They also have a hooded option ZD938.

Drew got the Akaso Men's Nomad Battery Heated Vest with heated collar, with a detachable hood. He is very slim and this fits snuggly to size. He does not have heated pockets, and the heating elements in front are a bit higher than the pockets.

Mitten Information: Savior Heat Heated Glove/Mittens 7.4V. They do run small, so also measure your hand carefully. I surprisingly took a Large size where I generally have a small/medium hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind providing a bit of info about the heated vest & mittens. Both of them look like something I might like to check into getting. Thanks.
Diann

MaineNatureGreyhounds said...

The vest is an Iurek brand. There are lots of brands of heated vests out there. What I love about mine is that the pockets are heated, so if my mitten batteries lose juice, I can warm my hands in my pockets. There lots of great buys right now as it is the end of the season. Measurements are a must because the vests are snug.