Thursday, June 9, 2022

Raindrops on Flowers!

Foxglove

We got an inch of precious rain, and after it was over the flowers were sparkling all over the yard with raindrops adorning their flowers, stems, and leaves. I love the magnifying effect they create. So pretty!

I am in love with my poppy plant. Here is a bud covered with hairs and droplets of all sizes!

And, my deep red peony has flower buds that are thinking about unfurling. They are especially gorgeous after the rain.

The ants are attending the pink peony as there are extrafloral nectaries on the outside of the flower bud that produce sugars that the ants feed on. Luckily, the ants do not hurt the flowers.

One of my favorite leaf shapes is that of the lupine. They collect so many water droplets that bead up on the edges of the leaves.

No comments: