Monday, June 8, 2020

Garden Flowers of late springtime

Celandine is in the poppy family.

Hawkweed is one of my favorite wildflowers in late springtime. I was so happy to see it take up residence near one of my stump gardens.

I love poppies. Their thin, papery petals, and red ovary with purple stamen are quite the group of contrasting colors!

The rhododendron was very successful this year, although parts of the plant are still damaged from last winter's low snowfall and cold temperatures.

I have two different types of spiderwort. This one is pink with smallish flowers. I have a larger purple variety in a different partial shade garden.

Star of Bethlehem Lily is a tiny wildflower that has take up residence in a semi-shade garden off the front deck. One of its characteristics is the green underside of each petal.

Star of Bethlehem Lily

Unidentified flower. I love the stamen that stand on very tall stalks.


No comments: